Wednesday, February 13, 2013

01-2013 Ford 2013 CMax Will They Ever Fix Remote Start?

I'm still playing catch up with this blog, but we're getting closer to current date.  Please bear with me.  I hope you have been reading all the previous entries so that you are up to date thus far. :-)

On January 2nd, 2013, I realized that the dealership still hadn't called me to bring the car in so they could install the new remote start "kit" they ordered overnight back before Christmas.  I was told it would only take two days for the parts to arrive.  So I called the dealership and asked the service guy about it.  He put me on hold for a few minutes while he went to see if the part(s) had arrived.  When he returned, he stated that they hadn't arrived yet, but that they would arrive by Friday (2 days later).  Interesting.  I believe that they never ordered the parts in the first place, or that they used them on another car and had to order another "kit".  Sigh.  Another disappointment.

So...I scheduled another appointment to bring the car in to have the kit installed, and asked him how long it would take.  He said it shouldn't take more than a few hours, but that I should get a rental car anyway because he wanted to make sure everything was fixed before he returned my car to me this time.

Tuesday, January 8th.  I dropped off my 2013 Ford CMax at the dealership for them to make their third attempt to repair the remote start, picked up my rental car, and headed off to work.

I received a call from the service guy mid-afternoon to let me know that they had finally gotten the remote start to work reliably, but when you open the door, the car shuts off (even if you have the key with you).  I didn't really care much about that, I was just happy to hear that they had managed to get the remote start to actually work, and that I could pick my car back up the same day.

Did I ever mention what type of rental cars I was provided?  Ford graciously picked up the tab for each rental car I was provided by a nationally known rental place, but I was still responsible for the cost of the gas I used.  The first rental I received was a 2012 or 2013 Ford Explorer. It was loaded with options and very comfortable, but very big in comparison to the CMax.  I had that rental for 24 hours, drove about 40 miles, and the gas cost me $20.  This time, I received a Ford Focus.  It was pretty much the base model with very few bells and whistles.  I only needed it until the end of the day, so I used very little gas and I paid about $5.  Because I am still bringing everyone up to date on my car problem adventures, I can tell you that I was provided with yet another rental while my car was being serviced.  I will mention what it was in an upcoming post that covers that service experience.  Yes, that's right, there is much more to this whole story than just the remote start problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment